Pages

October 9, 2010

Pillsbury Crossing 2010

Went out to Pillsbury Crossing just north of Manhattan KS after a very disappointing football game. The waterfalls were flowing decently but the highlight of the shoot was easily the moss and the early signs of the fall colors setting in.

These pics just go to show you that it isn't always about the "BIG" picture. My favorite shots from this day are the up close shots of a leaf or two on the moss, even with the presence of some cool waterfalls just feet away. I spent the first 20 minutes shooting with my 10-20mm wide angle lens and was getting some okay shots. I then decided I should switch to my medium range lens and try to get a little more detail and I was extremely pleased with the results.

ReflectionFalls-2Falls-3RockWaterfallRock-2Big-RockMoss-5Moss-6Moss-4Moss-1

No comments:

Post a Comment