Pages

December 21, 2010

Amazing Show

As I'm sure all of you are aware, the total lunar eclipse occurred early this morning and put on quite a show. I wasn't expecting too much due to the massive amount of cloud cover when I turned it in around 9:30 (had to get some sleep at some point last night). I was planning to wake around 12:30 to check the conditions but did not wake up until 1:30. This was about ten minutes prior to totality and it's a good thing I didn't wake until then. The clouds were just beginning to clear at this point and I'm sure if I saw a cloudy sky at 12:30, I would have called it a night and not checked again. This was the first total lunar eclipse I have seen, and I enjoyed every bit of it. I hope all of you had a chance to catch the show yourself.

Many more of my eclipse pictures can be seen by clicking on the image below

Eclipse 1

2 comments: